The science hub Berlin makes an important contribution to the effective containment of the coronavirus. Research institutions such as the Robert Koch Institute and Charité Berlin inform the population based on scientific expertise and advise decision-makers in politics and society. We provide you with an overview of the most important information that we keep up to date.
Information from experts
- Facts instead of fake news: The Berlin Senate Chancellery has compiled all measures and recommendations applicable to the capital on a central website on the coronavirus.
- The Robert Koch Institute provides daily updated information to the specialist public, including case numbers and recommendations.
- Have a look at the World Health Organisation's website for global information, recommendations and latest updates in English.
- Prof. Dr. Christian Drosten, Director of the Institute of Virology at Charité Berlin, provides daily information on the current situation in a Corona podcast (in German).
Social media recommendations
- Twitter: World Health Organisation (@WHO), Senate Department for Health, Nursing and Equal Opportunities (@SenGPG), Robert Koch Institute (@rki_de), Charité Berlin (@ChariteBerlin), Prof. Dr. Christian Drosten (@c_drosten)
- Instagram: World Health Organisation (@WHO), Charité Berlin (@chariteberlin)
- Facebook: World Health Organisaiton (@WHO), Senate Department for Health, Nursing and Equal Opportunities (@SenGPG), Federal Ministry of Health (@ bmg.bund)
- In the CovApp by Charité Berlin you receive specific recommendations for everyday life by answering questions about current symptoms, your last trips and possible contacts.