Research and Communication
- Visual und Media Anthropology
- Arts- based research
- Imagining the nonhuman - Visual practices and knowledge production in urban biodiversity research. At: ›Rethinking Sustainability through Applied Anthropology‹, 10th Conference of the Italian Society of Applied Anthropology (SIAA), 14-17 December 2022, Verona
- Photography and the nonhuman. At: ›Caught in the crisis? Doing audio-visual ethnography in times of crisis‹, AG Visual Anthropology, CFP Interim Conference, 28- 29 October 2022, Münster
- Picturing Nature- On analyzing images of urban natures in digital environments. At: ›Embedded Digitalities‹, Conference on Digital Anthropology organized by the Section “Digitization in Everyday Life” of the German Association of Cultural Anthropology and Folklore Studies (dgv) together with the Swiss Association of Folklore Studies and Popular Culture (SGV), 5-7 April 2018, Basel
- Tscholl, Martin and Sturm, Ulrike (2022), (forthcoming) ‘Posting nature: A critical perspective on analysing cultural ecosystem services on Instagram’, Journal of Environmental Media, 3:2.
- Tscholl, Martin, Weißpflug, Maike, Wedel, Marco & Sturm, Ulrike (2022) ‘People and nature – fostering inter- and transdisciplinary collaboration for biodiversity and sustainable human interactions’, Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research, 35:3, 367-369, DOI: 10.1080/13511610.2022.2104784
- Tscholl, Martin, Weißpflug, Maike, Wedel, Marco & Sturm, Ulrike (Hrsg.) (2022) ‘Special Issue: People and Nature’, Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research, Volume 35, Issue 3 (2022)
- Sturm, U.; Tscholl, M. (2019). The role of digital user feedback in a user-centred development process in citizen science. Journal of Science Communication, 18 (1): 1-19. DOI: 10.22323/2.18010203.