The Home River Bioblitz will take place worldwide between 22 and 24 September 2023. Together, the biodiversity of local rivers will be researched and data collected with the help of Citizen Science.
The Museum für Naturkunde and Wassernetz Berlin invite you to the Berliner Panke. We will take a close look at the section at the Karow Ponds and photographically record and determine the biodiversity on iNaturalist. In addition to the aquatic habitat of the Panke, we will also look at the plants, insects and birds along the banks. In particular, we will look at the study and identification of macrozoobenthos.
During a bioblitz, as many organisms as possible are recorded in a defined area over a certain period of time. The data collected make an important contribution to science and nature conservation. Through the Home River Bioblitz, biodiversity data is collected over time on many rivers around the world. These can provide an insight into the existing biodiversity for both science and interested citizens.
The event takes place as a dialogue event of Wassernetz Berlin.
Please note: This event is NOT a classical nature tour. The organisers will not primarily lecture on nature, but will of course explain and assist with identifying and uploading sightings.
Information about the event
- Leaders: Julia Rostin, Frederic Griesbaum, Alexis Tinker-Tsavalas
- Meeting place: Pankgrafenbrücke, Pankgrafenstraße, 13125 Berlin
- Please bring: Binoculars, provisions
- For families with children, young people and adults
- How to get there: S-Bahn station Karow (S2)
- A mobile device and the installation of the iNaturalist App (Google Play Store, Apple App Store) are required.
- Registration is not necessary. We would be happy to have you join us!
- If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.