Exclusively on the Long Day of StadtNatur, the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin together with the Entomological Society ORION Berlin offers an extraordinary guided tour through the nocturnal hustle and bustle of the Tiergarten
We use special lamps to lure swarming moths onto a white cloth for a short time. Numerous exciting species, which are unlikely to be seen during a walk during the day, reveal their diversity and reveal their identity with the help of identification literature provided. In addition, state-of-the-art acoustic detectors are used to observe and identify bats on their hunt. Here, this urban habitat can be marveled at with the eyes of researchers. The hands-on activities will be accompanied by interesting facts about biodiversity exploration and the ecology of the animals. The event provides participants with a special experience that can be enjoyed at the end of the Long Day.
- For children, teenagers, families, adults
- Please note: Bring flashlight
- Management: Dr. Jörg Freyhof
- In cooperation with: Entomological Society ORION Berlin
- Place/start: Mitte, Straße des 17. Juni, 10785 Berlin, Amazone am Floraplatz in Tiergarten
- Directions: Bus 100 Platz der Republik, S+U Brandenburger Tor + 10 min. walk, S+U Potsdamer Platz + 15 min. walk
- No registration required. Ticket for the Long Day of Urban Nature can also be purchased on site.
- Online ticket sales will start on Monday, May 15, 2023 (12 noon).
- Excursion is held in German