TheMuseumsLab is a platform for joint learning, exchange, and continuing education on the future of museums in both Africa in Europe; designed by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin (MfN), the Berlin University of Applied Sciences (HTW) master programme Management and Communication in Museums, and the multidisciplinary network of consultants The Advisors in close cooperation with the University of the Western Cape (UWC), the Goethe Institute South Africa, and the German Academic Exchange Service Johannesburg. The programme is funded by the Federal Foreign Office.
TheMuseumsLab launched in May with a kick-off event and at the halfway point of the programme we cordially invite you to this year's Public Event.
We are looking forward to
- Prof. Johannes Vogel Ph.D. (Director General, Museum für Naturkunde Berlin),
- Katja Keul (State Minister, German Federal Foreign Office),
- Claudia Roth (Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media of Germany),
- Dirk Meyer (Director General Global health; employment; transformation of the economy; digital technologies; food and nutrition security, German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development)
and a panel discussion to the topic "Decolonizing museums in the 21st century" with four Fellows of this year's programme of TheMuseumsLab.
- Participation via the museum's YouTube livestream
- Moderation: Amira El Ahl and Prof. Dr. Facil Tesfaye (TheAdvisors)