Along the water channels of the Spreewald, the project WissensFluss takes you to the origins of Berl-Berl. 'Berl', the Slavic word for swamp, is considered the origin of the word 'Berlin' and is the inspiration for the title of Jakob Kudsk Steensen's exhibition Berl-Berl at the Halle am Berghain. It revives lost perspectives on the marshlands by connecting Berlin's current marshlands, the species and mythologies that once inhabited them. Philipp Juranek links this virtual world to the special characteristics of this natural habitat, its biodiversity and the historical context of this unique body of water. The focus is on illustrating ecological connections using various examples from the bird world.
Philipp Juranek has loved birds ever since he can remember. To this day, there is nothing in the world that makes his heart beat as fast as our birds. But it doesn't always have to be the rare or somehow special species that trigger this special feeling of happiness in Philipp - even the chaffinch or the sparrow that you meet almost every day can do it. That's the great thing about bird love: happiness is waiting everywhere, around the next corner - and it wants to be discovered.
The 31-year-old filmmaker and podcaster is particularly fond of the Spreewald; after many years in Berlin, he has now settled in the countryside and lives in the south of Brandenburg.
- For families with children (recommended from 12 years), young people and adults.
- The event will be held in German.
- Meeting point: Bootsverleih Richter / Kajaksports, Dammstraße 75, 03222 Lübbenau / Spreewald
- Free registration by email at WissensFluss@mfn.berlin or phone (030 889140 8113). Please also enter your contact details here for contact tracing purposes.
- Please bring: approx. 25,00 Euro rental fee for a boat, self-catering for the trip, some paddling experience is an advantage, life jackets for children and don't forget binoculars!
- The number of participants is limited to 10.
- During the tour, please keep a distance of 1.5 metres from people who are not part of your household.
- Wearing a medical mask is compulsory, a negative test is recommended.
The excursion takes place within the framework of the Citizen Science project WissensFluss: The Berlin Panke.