- Faustino, A.I., Vicente, M.I., Perpétuo, A.C. and André, M.J. (2022). Practical Handbook on Citizenship and Development. Open Science Hub Portugal.
- Vicente, M.I, Faustino, A.I., Lourenço, P.J., Peso, A., Varela, J., Martins, C., Pinto, F., Russo, P. (2021). Open Science Hub-Portugal: Toward Community Development, Innovation, and Well-Being Through Open Schooling. In: Sandu, P., Tudisca, V., Valente, A. (eds) Co-creating in Schools Through Art and Science. SpringerBriefs in Research and Innovation Governance. Springer, Cham. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-72690-4_4
- Faustino, A.I. (2021). Institutionalization of Science Engagement. White paper commissioned by Falling Walls Engage - Falling Walls Foundation.
- Schulze, L., Henninger, J., Kadobianskyi, M., Chaigne, T., Faustino, A.I., Hakiy, N., Albadri, S., Schuelke, M., Maler, L., Del Bene, F. and Judkewitz, B. (2018).Transparent Danionella translucida as a genetically tractable vertebrate brain model. Nature Methods 15, 977–983. DOI: 10.1038/s41592-018-0144-6
- Oliveira, R.F. and Faustino, A.I. (2017). Social information use in threat perception: Social buffering, contagion and facilitation of alarm responses. Communicative & Integrative Biology 10 (3), 44329. DOI: 10.1080/19420889.2017.1325049
- Faustino, A.I., Tacão-Monteiro, A. and Oliveira, R.F. (2017). Mechanisms of social buffering of fear in zebrafish. Scientific Reports 7, 44329. DOI: 10.1038/srep44329
- Cardoso, S.D., Faustino, A.I., Costa, S.S., Valério, F., Gonçalves, D., Oliveira, R.F. (2017). Social network predicts loss of fertilizations in nesting males of a fish with alternative reproductive tactics. Acta Ethologica 20 (1), 59-68. DOI: 10.1007/s10211-016-0249-9
- Faustino, A.I., Oliveira, G.A. and Oliveira, R.F. (2015). Linking appraisal to behavioral flexibility in animals: implications for stress research. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience 9, 104. DOI: 10.3389/fnbeh.2015.00104
- Félix, A.S., Faustino, A.I., Cabral, E.M. and Oliveira, R.F. (2013). Noninvasive measurement of steroid hormones in zebrafish holding-water. Zebrafish 10 (1), 110-115. DOI: 10.1089/zeb.2012.0792
Past Projects (Selection)
Dr. Ana Faustino is the IETI Project Manager. She started working on the IETI project in November 2022 and has, since then, been sharing the project management together with Alina Loth. In addition to her project management responsibilities, Ana is also the project Culture Change & Co-creation lead and is responsible for managing the project communications. Furthermore, she was/is responsible for IETI’s Concepts & Contexts work package tasks and research, and is developing research on Culture Change & Co-creation (assessing how culture change & co-creation processes contribute to the impact of research & Public Engagement).
Ana has been working professionally in the field of Public Engagement since 2018. Before her start at the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, she had several project and impact management roles in projects/organisations like the EC-H2020 Open Science Hub Network, the Open Science Hub Portugal, Falling Walls Engage (Falling Walls Foundation) and Soapbox Science Berlin, just to name a few examples. In these past professional experiences, she has been mainly using capacity building, co-creation, multi-stakeholder and impact methods/processes to promote change.
Ana also has a research background. She holds a degree in Biology and a Master's in Ecology from the University of Coimbra (Coimbra, Portugal), a PhD in Behavioural Biology (Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência & Champalimaud Research & ISPA; Lisbon, Portugal), and developed postdoctoral research in the field of neuroscience (Charité & Humboldt University; Berlin, Germany).
As a result of her academic and professional experience, Ana is the author of several scientific papers, reports, book chapters, and books.
- IETI Project & Communications Management.
- IETI’s Concepts & Contexts: 1) mapping and research of stakeholders, Public Engagement initiatives, and motivations or needs regarding Public Engagement; 2) research on Public Engagement-related concepts and frameworks - definitions, processes, interrelationships; 3) mapping and research on impact perceptions, goals, methodologies, needs.
- IETI Culture Change & Co-creation lead.
- IETI’s Research on Culture Change & Co-creation: assessment of how Culture Change & Co-creation processes contribute to research & Public Engagement’s impact.