A journey of discovery with digital insight into the museum's research and literary writing exercises. To which stories do the objects of a natural history collection inspire? Which special view do you develop?
During the course you will get to know and write about a collection or research project from the Museum für Naturkunde. Together with the writing trainer you will make your miniatures shine. On request, selected texts will be included in a publication and in the rooms of the Experimental Field for Participation and Open Science.
Due to the current situation, the course will be held digitally. In a video conference Nora Lentge-Maaß provides insights into her work as Collection Transformation Manager Invertebrates and Paleobotany. The course will be accompanied by writing exercises and the author and writing trainer Jana Franke will supervise the participants. The exchange with the other course participants takes place on the digital platform Zoom. Please note that you may also work on your texts individually outside of the course hours. You will receive further information after registration.
- Topic: Collection Transformation and Digitalization of Invertebrates and Paleobotany
- with Jana Franke, writing trainer and Nora Lentge-Maaß, Ph.D. student and Collection Transformation Manager Invertebrates and Paleobotany at the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin
- Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Costs: 40 euros (30 euros reduced) for all four dates. For adults and young people aged 16 and over.
- Event in German
- always tuesdays, 16:00 - 18:00
- 1. date (5 January): Look behind the scenes of the museum and introduction
- 2. date (12 January): Writing exercises and ideas
- 3. date (19 January): Editing the texts, reading the texts
- 4. date (26 January): Discussion and selection of texts
- Please note that you may also work on your texts individually off-course.
- Information about the Experimental Field
- An overview of other digital offers can be found here: For Nature digital.