Have you ever wanted to travel back in time and understand how animal life came to be? This series might be your best chance. Join researchers as they ask the same overarching question: what did animal ancestors look like? In an attempt to answer this question, we will discuss modern methods in science, take a look at the fossil record, how cells shape the bodies of different animals and how they evolve. Bring along your burning questions on the origins and evolution of animal life and join in the discussion.
Part 4 – Ancient Connection: The Evolution of the Nervous System
Where did the brain come from? In this episode, we will discuss how early nervous systems might have evolved to help animals move, why we have many different types of nerve cells, and how complex animal brains came to be.
- Theme: Ancient Connection – the Evolution of the Nervous System
- Speakers: Francisca Hervas, Milena Marinković and Periklis Paganos
- Moderation: Siri Kellner and Milena Marinković
- Participation via Zoom or YouTube
- Event in English
- Event host Siri Kellner is looking for participants supporting her research as well as the development of an online exhibition by filling out a short online survey. Participants receive a free museum mask.
Further dates and topics
- In cooperation with the EvoCELL-Network.
- This project has received funding from the Europeans Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 766053.