Have you ever wanted to travel back in time and understand how animal life came to be? This series might be your best chance. Join researchers as they ask the same overarching question: what did animal ancestors look like? In an attempt to answer this question, we will discuss modern methods in science, take a look at the fossil record, how cells shape the bodies of different animals and how they evolve. Bring along your burning questions on the origins and evolution of animal life and join in the discussion.
Part 5 – The Cyber Age of Science
Did you know there are terabytes upon terabytes of scientific data we can freely access? Is infinite data infinite knowledge? In this episode, the speakers will show how biologists collect, compare, and compute data to generate knowledge in the era of big data.
- Theme: The Cyber Age of Science
- Speakers: Kevin Nzumbi Mutemi, Konstantinos Geles and Siri Kellner
- Moderation: Siri Kellner and Milena Marinković
- Participation via Zoom and YouTube
- Event in English
- Event host Siri Kellner is looking for participants supporting her research as well as the development of an online exhibition by filling out a short online survey. Participants receive a free museum mask.
Further dates and topics
23 November: Past and Present – of Fossils and Spiders
30 November: How to Generate and Regenerate an Organism
1 December: The Secret Lives of Sea Creatures
7 December: Ancient Connection – the Evolution of the Nervous System
- In cooperation with the EvoCELL-Network.
- This project has received funding from the Europeans Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 766053.