It will be "Slimy!" at the Museum für Naturkunde. The scientific variety show Glitzern & Denken combines art with science and underground with high culture - music, artistry and stories enter into a creative dialogue with science. The upcoming shows are dedicated to the mollusc tribe. Experience live on YouTube new and bizarre things about snails, mussels and squids.
Glitzern & Denken experiments with new ways of speaking in the context of variety evening events. In the museum's Experimental Field for Participation and Open Science, a space is thus created in which people from different backgrounds talk about science at eye level. At the center: fascination and curiosity for nature.
The project „Glitzern & Denken – das Wissenschaftsvarieté im Museum für Naturkunde Berlin" opens a new kind of dialogue between culture, science and society. Project partners are the Ensemble Salon Fähig and Wissenschaft im Dialog. The project is funded by the LOTTO-Stiftung Berlin.
Further show dates
Ensemble Salon Fähig and scientist from the Museums für Naturkunde
- Ines Theileis (artistic director, presenter and singer)
- Philip Golle (co presenter and performer)
- Nora Lentge-Maaß (scientist at the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin)
- Katharina von Oheimb (scientist at the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin)
- Parm von Oheimb (scientist at the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin)
- Apollo Garcia (clowning)
- The Red Chucks (Berlin based Street Swing Band)
- Stefan Tietz (light artist)
- and many more
- Find out more about Glitzern & Denken on the blog of the scientific variety show
- Information about the Experimental Field
- An overview of other digital offers can be found here: For Nature digital.