ATTENTION: 2G regulation (vaccinated, recovered). We are looking forward to your visit!
Please consider all instructions for ticket booking and our health and safety instructions.
Information for your visit
- Admission is only possible with an online ticket. It is not possible to buy a ticket on site at the museum.
- You can book your online time slot tickets here.
- The time slot tickets are automatically activated 3 days before the start of the time slots. If no bookable tickets are displayed, the slot is already fully booked.
- Tickets are limited. Access to the exhibition is only possible in the booked time slot:
- Tuesday - Friday: 09:30 - 10:00 h and from 10:00 h every hour
- Saturday/Sunday and holidays: 10:00 h every hour
- Children under 6 years of age, holders of annual passes or voucher cards also require an online ticket (free of charge in this case).
- Booking online tickets is currently only possible with a credit card or via Paypal.
- The terms of all Annual Passes affected by the March to May 2020 and November 2020 to May 2021 closures will be extended by the duration of the closures. The extension will take place automatically at the entrance, it is not necessary to exchange the card.
Health and safety instructions
- For a visit of the exhibition, a 2G proof (vaccinated, recovered) is necessary. The 2G proof must be verified digitally (it is necessary to present the QR code as a printout or on the smartphone). Please also hold your identity card ready.
- Persons who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons; must prove a negative PCR test and vaccination eligibility by means of a medical certificate.
- Children and teenagers up to the age of 18, who must have tested negative from the age of 6.
- For pupils (under the age of 18) who are regularly tested as part of their school attendance, the student ID card or a BVG student card is valid as proof. Regular testing as a student cannot be verified by presenting a student ID during school vacations (max. 24-hour old negative test verification required).
- The visit of the exhibition is only possible with a FFP2-mask.
- Children under the age of 6 years are not required to wear a mask
- Persons with a medical certificate, deaf and hard of hearing persons and persons who communicate with them, as well as their
- The following applies to events: In accordance with the updated version of the SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Measures Ordinance and the Hygiene Framework Concept for Cultural Institutions in the State of Berlin, participants in an event at the museum must provide proof that they have been vaccinated or have recovered (2G rule). We ask that you show this proof without being asked before the start of the event. Children up to the age of 6 and schoolchildren up to the age of 18 (proof of student ID or BVG card) who are regularly tested as part of their school attendance are exempt from this rule.
- If you feel ill, please stay at home.
- Please keep a minimum distance of 2 m to others. Should there be a queue in front of the main portal at short notice, please make sure that the minimum distance is also observed here.
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm or into a handkerchief and please do not touch your face (eyes, nose, mouth).
- Avoid touching items or other people (e.g. shaking hands, hugging, touching information boards, displays, surfaces).
- Please visit the exhibition only alone, in pairs or with members of your own household.
- Please note our wayfinding system in the exhibition with corresponding floor markings.
- Do not form groups.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly (at least 30 seconds) with soap and water, and disinfect them afterwards, if possible.
- Some interactive exhibition elements (Jurascopes and Installation Cosmos and Solar System) have been removed. We have expanded our digital offer.
- The museum café is closed. You are permitted to bring your own water or other non-alcoholic drinks.
- The cloakroom is open. Jackets and bags (up to A4 size) can brought into the exhibition. Lockers for larger bags are available as usual.
- Many events and educational programmes continue to take place digitally. Current information on our digital offerings can be found here.
For your own protection and the protection of other visitors, we ask you to observe the regulations.
Closed on Mondays
Open Tuesday - Friday, 9.30 - 18.00
Saturday, Sunday and on public holidays: 10.00 - 18.00
- Last entry 30 minutes before closing.
Special Opening Hours
The museum is opened on the following public holidays:
- New Year's Day: 1 January
- Labour Day: 1 May
- Ascension Day
- German Unity Day: 3 October
- Christmas: 26 December
- Christmas: 24 - 25 December
- New Year's Eve: 31 December
Admission & Online Tickets
- Adults 8.00 €
- Reduced tickets 5.00 €
Family and Group Tickets
- Family card (two adults and up to three children under 14 years) 15.00 €
- Small family card (one adult and up to two children under 14 years) 9.00 €
- Adults in groups of 10 people and more 5.00 €
- Reduced ticket in groups of 10 people and more 2.00 €
- Adults 32.00 €
- Reduced 20.00 €
- Family card (two adults and up to three children under 14 years) 60.00 €
- Small family card (one adult and up to two children under 14 years) 36.00 €
Please send us the filled in form to order your annual ticket.
During special exhibitions the admission may vary. Paying by cash card is possible.
Eligible for reduced entrance are:
- Children of a max. age of 15
- Pupils from the age of 16 with official school card
- Welfare recipients
- Unemployed people
- Attendees of voluntary services
- People with disabilities with official certificate (from degree of disability 50)
Please note, that you may be asked to prove documentation at the entrance.
Furthermore, we offer discounts in various ticket cooperations. Please show your voucher, card or coupon at the ticket counter:
- Berlin WelcomeCard
- Museum Pass
- Cooperation with the Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin: On presentation of a ticket from the Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin, we will grant free entrance for an accompanying person, i.e. one visitor buys a full-price ticket, the second will be free of charge. The offer is not valid for our group or family rates, as they are already reduced, and cannot be combined with further discounts.
- Pre-school children
- Members of the ICOM
- Members of the WFTGA
- Member card holders of the German Museums Association (Deutscher Museumsbund)
- Students of the Berlin universities participating to Museum’s seminars
- Press card holders
- Persons accompanying disabled persons (registered in disabled persons official certificate)
- Staff of museums in Berlin (museum card required)
- Refugees and Welcome Classes
Requests and Registration regarding Events, Guided Tours, Birthday Parties etc.
Please pay attention to their office hours:
- Monday: 9.00 - 11.00 and 13.00 - 15.00
- Tuesday: 15.00 - 17.00
- Wednesday: 13.00 - 15.00
- Thursday: 13.00 - 15.00
- Friday: 09.00 - 11.00
Please use our website to obtain first information about our programme:
Museum für Naturkunde Berlin