The exhibition remains closed until further notice!
Please observe our health and safety instructions.
Admission is by online ticket only. It is not possible to buy a ticket at the museum.
Online time slot tickets can be booked here.
- Children under 6 years of age, holders of annual tickets or voucher tickets also need an online-ticket (in this case free of charge).
To regulate the flow of visitors, please book a time slot ticket:
- Tuesday - Friday: 09:30 - 14:00 or 14:00 - 18:00
- Saturday/Sunday and public holidays: 10:00 - 14:00 or 14:00 - 18:00
- The tickets per time slot are limited. Access to the exhibition is only possible during the booked time slot.
- Tickets are currently bookable 14 days in advance.
- Please note that we are currently unable to accept group bookings.
Health and safety instructions
- Please wear a medical mouth-nose cover for your own protection and for protecting others.
- If you feel ill, please stay at home.
- Please keep a minimum distance of 2 m to others. Should there be a queue in front of the main portal at short notice, please make sure that the minimum distance is also observed here.
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm or into a handkerchief and please do not touch your face (eyes, nose, mouth).
- Avoid touching items or other people (e.g. shaking hands, hugging, touching information boards, displays, surfaces).
- Please visit the exhibition only alone, in pairs or with members of your own household.
- Do not form groups.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly (at least 30 seconds) with soap and water, and disinfect them afterwards, if possible.
- The exhibition hall Live Digitization is closed. Some interactive exhibition elements (Jurascopes and Installation Cosmos and Solar System) have been removed. We have expanded our digital offer.
- The museum café is closed. You are permitted to bring your own water or other non-alcoholic drinks.
- The cloakroom is closed. Jackets and bags (up to A4 size) can brought into the exhibition. Lockers for larger bags are available as usual.
- Events and educational programs can only take place digitally. Current information on our digital offerings can be found here.
For your own protection and the protection of other visitors, we ask you to observe the regulations.
Closed on Mondays
Open Tuesday - Friday, 9.30 - 18.00
Saturday, Sunday and on public holidays: 10.00 - 18.00
- Last entry 30 minutes before closing.
Special Opening Hours
The museum is opened on the following public holidays:
- New Year's Day: 1 January
- Labour Day: 1 May
- Ascension Day
- German Unity Day: 3 October
- Christmas: 26 December
- Christmas: 24 - 25 December
- New Year's Eve: 31 December
Admission & Online Tickets
- Adults 8.00 €
- Reduced tickets 5.00 €
Family and Group Tickets
- Family card (two adults and up to three children under 14 years) 15.00 €
- Small family card (one adult and up to two children under 14 years) 9.00 €
- Adults in groups of 10 people and more 5.00 € (currently not bookable)
- Reduced ticket in groups of 10 people and more 2.00 € (currently not bookable)
- Adults 32.00 €
- Reduced 20.00 €
- Family card (two adults and up to three children under 14 years) 60.00 €
- Small family card (one adult and up to two children under 14 years) 36.00 €
Please send us the filled in form to order your annual ticket.
During special exhibitions the admission may vary. Paying by cash card is possible.
Eligible for reduced entrance are:
- Children of a max. age of 15
- Pupils from the age of 16 with official school card
- Welfare recipients
- Unemployed people
- Attendees of voluntary services
- People with disabilities with official certificate (from degree of disability 50)
Please note, that you may be asked to prove documentation at the entrance.
Furthermore, we offer discounts in various ticket cooperations. Please show your voucher, card or coupon at the ticket counter:
- Berlin WelcomeCard
- Museum Pass
- Cooperation with the Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin: On presentation of a ticket from the German Museum of Technology, we will grant free entrance for an accompanying person, i.e. one visitor buys a full-price ticket, the second will be free of charge. The offer is not valid for our group or family rates, as they are already reduced, and cannot be combined with further discounts.
- Pre-school children
- Members of the ICOM
- Members of the WFTGA
- Member card holders of the German Museums Association (Deutscher Museumsbund)
- Students of the Berlin universities participating to Museum’s seminars
- Press card holders
- Persons accompanying disabled persons (registered in disabled persons official certificate)
- Staff of museums in Berlin (museum card required)
- Refugees and Welcome Classes
Requests and Registration regarding Events, Guided Tours, Birthday Parties etc.
On this page you will find current digital formats.
Please use our website to obtain first information about our programme:
Additionally, you will get personal advice by calling our Education Department Team. Please pay attention to their office hours:
- Monday: 9.00 - 11.00 and 13.00 - 15.00
- Tuesday: 15.00 - 17.00
- Wednesday: 13.00 - 15.00
- Thursday: 13.00 - 15.00
- Friday: 09.00 - 11.00
Museum für Naturkunde Berlin