As of April 1, 2021, the museum will be closed until further notice.
Please consider all instructions for ticket booking, contact tracking, testing obligation as well as our health and safety instructions.
Information for your visit
- Admission is only possible with an online ticket. It is not possible to buy a ticket on site at the museum.
- You can book your online time slot tickets here.
- The time slot tickets are automatically activated 24 hours before the start of the time slots. If no bookable tickets are displayed, the slot is already fully booked.
- Tickets are limited. Access to the exhibition is only possible in the booked time slot:
o Tuesday - Friday: 09:30 - 14:00 h and 14:00 - 18:00 h.
o Saturday/Sunday and holidays: 10:00 - 14:00 h and 14:00 - 18:00 h
- Children under 6 years of age, holders of annual passes or voucher cards also require an online ticket (free of charge in this case).
- From Wednesday, March 31th 2021, admission is only possible with a negative test result certified on the day. Here you will find the central point of contact for Corona tests for Berliners: https://test-to-go.berlin/
- Admission will be allowed only in conjunction with registration of your data for infection control contact tracing.
- Please book an online time slot ticket first and then register with your contact details here before your visit and show the confirmation at the entrance together with your online ticket and the certificate of the negative test result.
- Please note that we are currently unable to accept group bookings.
- The terms of all annual passes affected by the closures March to May 2020 and November 2020 to March 2021 will be extended by the duration of the closure period. The extension is automatic, it is not necessary to replace the card.
Health and safety instructions
- The visit of the exhibition is only possible with a FFP2 mask.
- If you feel ill, please stay at home.
- Please keep a minimum distance of 2 m to others. Should there be a queue in front of the main portal at short notice, please make sure that the minimum distance is also observed here.
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm or into a handkerchief and please do not touch your face (eyes, nose, mouth).
- Avoid touching items or other people (e.g. shaking hands, hugging, touching information boards, displays, surfaces).
- Please visit the exhibition only alone, in pairs or with members of your own household.
- Please note our wayfinding system in the exhibition with corresponding floor markings.
- Do not form groups.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly (at least 30 seconds) with soap and water, and disinfect them afterwards, if possible.
- The exhibition hall Live Digitization is closed. Some interactive exhibition elements (Jurascopes and Installation Cosmos and Solar System) have been removed. We have expanded our digital offer.
- The museum café is closed. You are permitted to bring your own water or other non-alcoholic drinks.
- The cloakroom is closed. Jackets and bags (up to A4 size) can brought into the exhibition. Lockers for larger bags are available as usual.
- Events and educational programs can only take place digitally. Current information on our digital offerings can be found here.
For your own protection and the protection of other visitors, we ask you to observe the regulations.
Closed on Mondays
Open Tuesday - Friday, 9.30 - 18.00
Saturday, Sunday and on public holidays: 10.00 - 18.00
- Last entry 30 minutes before closing.
Special Opening Hours
The museum is opened on the following public holidays:
- New Year's Day: 1 January
- Labour Day: 1 May
- Ascension Day
- German Unity Day: 3 October
- Christmas: 26 December
- Christmas: 24 - 25 December
- New Year's Eve: 31 December
Admission & Online Tickets
- Adults 8.00 €
- Reduced tickets 5.00 €
Family and Group Tickets
- Family card (two adults and up to three children under 14 years) 15.00 €
- Small family card (one adult and up to two children under 14 years) 9.00 €
- Adults in groups of 10 people and more 5.00 € (currently not bookable)
- Reduced ticket in groups of 10 people and more 2.00 € (currently not bookable)
- Adults 32.00 €
- Reduced 20.00 €
- Family card (two adults and up to three children under 14 years) 60.00 €
- Small family card (one adult and up to two children under 14 years) 36.00 €
Please send us the filled in form to order your annual ticket.
During special exhibitions the admission may vary. Paying by cash card is possible.
Eligible for reduced entrance are:
- Children of a max. age of 15
- Pupils from the age of 16 with official school card
- Welfare recipients
- Unemployed people
- Attendees of voluntary services
- People with disabilities with official certificate (from degree of disability 50)
Please note, that you may be asked to prove documentation at the entrance.
Furthermore, we offer discounts in various ticket cooperations. Please show your voucher, card or coupon at the ticket counter:
- Berlin WelcomeCard
- Museum Pass
- Cooperation with the Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin: On presentation of a ticket from the German Museum of Technology, we will grant free entrance for an accompanying person, i.e. one visitor buys a full-price ticket, the second will be free of charge. The offer is not valid for our group or family rates, as they are already reduced, and cannot be combined with further discounts.
- Pre-school children
- Members of the ICOM
- Members of the WFTGA
- Member card holders of the German Museums Association (Deutscher Museumsbund)
- Students of the Berlin universities participating to Museum’s seminars
- Press card holders
- Persons accompanying disabled persons (registered in disabled persons official certificate)
- Staff of museums in Berlin (museum card required)
- Refugees and Welcome Classes
Requests and Registration regarding Events, Guided Tours, Birthday Parties etc.
On this page you will find current digital formats.
Please use our website to obtain first information about our programme:
Additionally, you will get personal advice by calling our Education Department Team. Please pay attention to their office hours:
- Monday: 9.00 - 11.00 and 13.00 - 15.00
- Tuesday: 15.00 - 17.00
- Wednesday: 13.00 - 15.00
- Thursday: 13.00 - 15.00
- Friday: 09.00 - 11.00
Museum für Naturkunde Berlin