Over a period of four years, the international model project "Art/Nature. Artistic Interventions at the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin" opened an experimental space for the interactions between contemporary art, museum practice and natural history research. Artists* from the fields of fine arts, sound art and literature explored the museum, its collections and exhibitions. The results were finally published: "Art/Nature. Interventions at the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin", edited by Anita Hermannstädter, Edition Braus, Berlin 2019. The following articles of the anthology are online:
- Anita Hermannstädter: Artistic Interventions at the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, p. 10-17.
- Susanna Schulz: Interview with Mark Dion: A Passion for Natural History Museums, p. 20-23.
- Justin Time: Interview with Sabine Scho: Disrupt or Cooperate?, p. 24-28.
- Cord Riechelmann: Beware of Interdisciplinary Ambitions!, p. 30-33.
- Susanna Schulz: Interview with Brandon Kilbourne and Oliver Coleman: Natural Science and the Arts: A Natural Link? p. 34-39.
- Anna-Lena Wenzel: Interview mit Petra Lange-Berndt: “These processes should incorporate a great deal of communication.”, p. 40-43.
- Ariane Berthoin Antal: Research on Artistic Interventions: A Learning Opportunity for Museums, p. 44-51.
The lectures of the conference: Art/Nature. Contemporary Art in Natural History Museums and Collections (26./27.6.2017) can be seen online here:
Film clips, soundfiles and interviews on some of the interventions can be found here:
- Saâdane Afif: Das Ende der Welt (The End of the World) (film clip of the performance) (2015) https://doi.org/10.7479/b34k-dk1k
- Sabine Scho: The Origin of Senses (All poems of the intervention) (2015) https://doi.org/10.7479/w4sb-69av
- Cod voices, recorded on an excursion of the artist A K Dolven with the head of the Animal Sound Archive, Karl Frommolt (2015) https://doi.org/10.7479/4ekz-q1y7
- Serotonin: Parcours dans la mer de ciel. Parcours durch das Himmelsmeer oder: Der Levitit (2016) (audio drama) https://doi.org/10.7479/968s-rrj2
- Mark Dion on his intervention: Collected Collectors (2018) (film clip) https://doi.org/10.7479/vcw2-z3fs/1
- Assaf Gruber on his intervention: The conspicuous Parts (2018) (film clip) https://doi.org/10.7479/vcw2-z3fs/4
- Ulrike Haage & Mark Ravenhill: Wundernetz | Rete Mirabile (2018) (film clip of the performance) https://doi.org/10.7479/30vy-n3bt
- Ulrike Haage on her intervention: Wundernetz | Rete Mirabile (2018) https://doi.org/10.7479/vcw2-z3fs/3
- Elizabeth Price on her intervention: BERLINWAL (2018) (film clip) https://doi.org/10.7479/vcw2-z3fs/2