It will be "Legged!" at the Museum für Naturkunde. The new show of the scientific variety show Glitzern & Denken is dedicated to the most species-rich class of animals on our planet: insects. As different as they may look, they have a lot in common. The museum's collection itself includes 15 million insects, so you can learn some new and bizarre things about butterflies, beetles, bees and many other insects.
Glitzern & Denken combines art with science and underground with high culture - music, artistry and stories enter into a creative dialogue with science. In the museum's Experimental Field for Participation and Open Science, a space is thus created in which people from different backgrounds talk about science at eye level. At the center: fascination and curiosity for nature.
The project „Glitzern & Denken – das Wissenschaftsvarieté im Museum für Naturkunde Berlin" opens a new kind of dialogue between culture, science and society. Project partners are the Ensemble Salon Fähig and Wissenschaft im Dialog. The project is funded by the LOTTO-Stiftung Berlin.
- Topic: Legged! Insects
- Live on YouTube. Depending on the infection event, the scientific variety show will also take place as an attendance event.
- Ines Theileis (artistic director, presenter and singer)
- Philip Golle (co presenter and performer)
- Stefanie Krause (Collection Manager Entomology at the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin)
- Théo Léger (Scientific Head of the Lepidoptera and Trichoptera Collection at the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin)
- Ensemble Salon Fähig-Band (Milorad Carkic, Krassimir Jossifov, Holger Müller und Juri Kussmaul)
- Stefan Tietz (light artist)
Further show dates
- Find out more about Glitzern & Denken on the blog of the scientific variety show
- Information about the Experimental Field
- An overview of other digital offers can be found here: For Nature digital.
This event takes place within the BERLIN SCIENCE WEEK 2021