The event series "Together for the Future" - reading and discussion with Fridays and Scientists for Future and author David Fopp will focus on the book by Dr. David Fopp; "Together for the Future - FridaysForFuture and ScientistsForFuture". The book was written with the collaboration of Fridays for Future activists Isabelle Axelsson and Loukina Tille. In it, the author describes the genesis of Fridays for Future, of Scientist for Future and goes into the motor of the activists, what they stand for and what they fight against. Among other things, he explores the question of what is needed now as a political, but also civil society reaction and as a reaction of the universities to the climate/ecological crisis?
The event will be divided into four parts, each focusing on a different topic. The first episode will introduce Dr. David Fopp and his book. The following three parts relate to the three parts of the book: "The Rebellion of Youth," "Adults Respond," and "Together into the Future." Here, the author and the moderator discuss the climate crisis, its opportunities and problems with exciting guests: Lucia Parbel from Fridays for Future, Klaus Jäger from Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin and active Scientist for Future, and Fridays for Future activist and co-author of the chapter "Together into the Future": Loukina Tille.
- Episode 1 - Introduction: The author Dr. David Fopp and his book are introduced and the head of the experimental field for participation and open science Dr. Wiebke Rössig tells about the cooperation of the Museum für Naturkunde with Fridays for Future.
- Participation via Zoom-webinar and YouTube
- Participants can ask questions in the live chat and thus enter into a dialogue with the author and the guests
- Moderation: Luna Weis
Other dates and topics
- 19.05.2021: Episode 2 - The Youth Rebellion: with author Dr. David Fopp and Lucia Parbel of Fridays for Future.
- 02.06.2021: Episode 3 - The adults answer: with the author Dr. David Fopp and the physicist; Dr. Klaus Jäger from the Helmholtz Center Berlin for Materials and Energy on solar cells.
- 09.06.2021: Episode 4 - Together into the Future: with Loukina Tille and Lucia Parbel from Fridays for Future, the author of the book Dr. David Fopp and Dr. Klaus Jäger, physicist at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin