The scientific variety show Glitzern & Denken combines art with science and underground with high culture, in which it is developed jointly by artists and researchers. Music, artistry and stories enter into a creative dialogue with science. We experiment with new ways of speaking to break down the existing barriers between art, science and society. A space is thus created in which people from different backgrounds talk about science at eye level. At the center: fascination and curiosity for nature.
You can find all recordings of our Glitzern & Denken shows and other videos in our YouTube playlist.
In the show Immortal?, Glitzern & Denken invited you to its brilliant finale. On 29, 30 and 31 March 2022, artists and museum staff members examined the topics of life and death from different angles. Here are the records to watch:
- Unsterblich? - Das Wissenschaftsvarieté (in German)
- Immortal? - The Scientific Variety Show (in English)
Legged! – The show about insects
The show Legged! is dedicated to the most species-rich class of animals on our planet: insects. On 2, 3 and 4 November 2021, you could get a glimpse of the museum's collection, which itself contains 15 million insects:
Slimy! – the shows about molluscs
Our show with the theme Slimy! was dedicated to the tribe of molluscs in a musical, quirky and eloquent way. In the livestreams on 8, 10 and 11 November 2020, you could learn new and bizarre things about snails, mussels and octopuses. Here are the recordings to watch:
Night of Stories
The first elements of the project were tested during the Night of Stories on 24 January 2020.
The project is accompanied on a blog (mostly in German) that offers an exclusive look behind the scenes and shows how the scientific variety shows is created. The participating artists and scientists will be introduced as well as the topics they deal with. A selection of articles:
- Questions from the Slimy! show (English/German)
- Questions from the Legged! show (English/German)
- Questions from the Immortal? show (English/German)
- Vorhang auf für... Ines Theileis (German)
- Feature: Schemenkabinett (German)
- Feature: København - H. C. Andersen's snail collection and other stories from Copenhagen (English/German)
- Ein Anfang (German)
- Frau Schweiger erzählt… (German)
- Bühne frei für... Noras Schnecke (German)