Virtual tours are already established offerings of museums, through which exhibitions can be accessed as videos or livestreams.
In this Show Case, we are trying to explore the concepts of individualization, freedom of movement, and group dynamics that are present in analog tours. But which technological solutions can enable digital-hybrid tours to provide these observations, so that important elements of the leadership experience are preserved for participants?
Insights: State of the prototype
With the help of digital markers, the center of vision of each participant can be made visible. On the one hand, participants can see what others are currently looking at. On the other hand, the guide in particular can understand what participants are actually focusing. This information could help the guides to respond individually and in terms of content to the objects being viewed or to (re)direct the attention of the participants. A voice function enables participants to interact with each other and with the guide person, to ask questions or to comment.
Participate in a prototype test
Get to know our prototype and take part in a digital test series (the test will be held in German).
Dates will follow shortly here.
Guided tour of the Tiergarten: Tue, 02.08., 04:00 p.m. or Wed, 17.08., 10:30 a.m.
Guided tour of the exhibition: Fri, 19.08, 02:00 p.m.
- The participation is free of charge.
- The link for remote access will be posted online here on the morning of the test day.
- Access is only possible via computer.
- Duration of the tour 45 min. / Afterwards, a 60-minute group survey will take place online.
- For registration and further information please contact Nadine Kühne (Nadine.Kuehne@mfn.berlin) - if you have any further questions please contact our leading scientist Dr. Claire Förster.
About the project
In January 2021, the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin and ART+COM Studios launched the NuForm research project. For two years, the project will develop and test new forms and formats of encounter communication that are intended to sustainably expand the museum exhibition experience.